on December 6, 2008
This book is the answer to a riddle I've been trying to solve for years, namely why I couldn't seem to lose weight when I so desperately wanted to. I had my suspicions, but they were never fully formed into an idea, and culture's attitudes about weight and diets clouded and confused my suspicions. The authors of this book have confirmed my suspicions - it's not about food at all, it's about how I have used eating as a coping mechanism, and dieting has only made me think negatively of myself, and therefore made me eat more to calm myself. I finally feel there is some hope to release myself from the self-destructive cycle.

I hid my scales, ditched some jeans that don't fit me anymore, and as of today, I have stopped dieting forever.

It may be that this book is not for everyone, but if, like me, you find yourself 'sabotaging' your diets and eating without a logical reason, this book could hold some of the answers to better understanding yourself and coming to accept yourself.

Hoorah for Jane and Carol!
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?