on 24 December 2013
My first foray into Android was a Kindle Fire HD for my wife, knowing nothing about the OS I took the day while she was out to set up her email etc. Once I saw what it was capable of I decided to get myself a tablet, a Fushion 10" (not recommended), sure the screen was bigger but while on a tour of Curry's I notice how bright and clear this display was, yep impressed. Coming up to my son's birthday I decided to go for this machine and give him my Fushion (he is happy with it).

Pros:

Quicker boot up than either of the above, especially the Kindle
Superb display
Slim and easy to hold
Battery life incredible and arrives with a fast charger (shame on Amazon, near £18)
Plenty of free apps, Amazon, Playstore and Samsung apps. I inadvertently selected Spanish when setting up Samsung apps. Their response to my plea for help was to reset to factory settings, yea right, my only moan.
Camera and screenshot great (screenshot off by default, 'settings', 'motion' switch on)
'Smart Stay' so helpful, no need to keep a finger on the screen, just look at it and it will not go into Battery Saver mode.
Buttons you can feel unlike Kindle
Sound is great
The 'virtual keyboard' is alpha-numerical so when it comes to typing in say your wifi password, what a difference.
Oh, It's a good idea to go through Settings, remember the default ones and try to improve your experience of this truly amazing tablet. Don't change them if you're happy with it but I just like to get my 'hands dirty'

Cons:

I can't fault it.

Buy it and enjoy

Oh, I feel I should add I put in quite a bit of research both online and in stores. The morning came for me to bite the bullet, Amazon had increased the price overnight by £50. Onto Curry's website, £179, reserve and pick up in store (a 5 min. drive). So Amazons greed cost them at least one sale and I think at this time of year quite a few more. As I write this the price on Amazon varies from £189.99 to £209.99. This company has many good points but I feel the position they are in, their prices should be a little below all other retailers.

Update 27th Dec:

Amazon are getting fairly irritating in as much as they are following prices rather than leading them, now £149 (at time of writing). I am going to be doing a lot more reseach before making a purchase with them. I know they monitor all of these reviews and comments but do they care....no.
99 Comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?