on 6 December 2010
I'd been interested in a daylight alarm clock for some time and bought a different model produced by a different company. I was very impressed but had to return it due to a minor fault, expecting to get a replacement. I discovered, however, that the product had been discontinued and I was left without my light. I looked around for quite a while, reading various reviews on sites such as this and eventually plumped for this model as it had a significant discount. I did so with some trepidation as some of the reviews were quite negative.
Having got the product I have discovered that it does exactly what I expected to and it does it rather well. The buttons and functions are neither fiddly nor counter-intuitive (two criticisms read in reviews on this site), the various wake-up sounds are realistic (although possibly not all to everyone's tastes) and it does not wake up my partner, who gets up later than I do.
Most importantly, the light gently brings me up from deep sleep meaning that when the alarm goes off, I'm much closer to the surface and am not wrenched from deep sleep by a screeching mobile. The effect of this stays with me all day and I've found myself much more awake during the day as a result.
In short, I've found very few of the faults that many people reported and the product has done what I expected it to. I suspect, however, that fewer people review an item when it does what you expect than when it really fails to live up to those expectations.
95 people found this helpful