5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping with dark elements - I couldn't put it down!, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Lie of You: I Will Have What Is Mine (Paperback)
I absolutely love the cover of this book, it is so simple yet it immediately captures your attention - and for me, it held my gaze and I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away from it.

To everyone else, Kathy looks like the perfect woman - she has a beautiful baby boy, she's married to her handsome husband and she has a successful high-powered job - and she seems happy and fulfilled. Everyone knows this. Everyone apart from Heja. Her employee Heja knows the truth, Heja knows about the cracks in Kathy's marriage, how her self-esteem isn't high and how she doubts herself, and how she worries about failing. Heja is the person that is perfectly placed to destroy Kathy's life, and if she does, then she can claim the one thing that she wants most....

Wow. I mean......WOW! Gee what a book! This novel is very intense and I think that is one of the things that makes it SO GOOD. I could feel the tension radiating from the pages and I found it impossible to put down.

The characters were so well written. Both Kathy and Heja drew me in and I was absolutely fascinated by everything about them both - their personalities, their actions, what they were doing and their motives too. The chapters are written in alternating viewpoints of Kathy and Heja. Heja was so creepy as a character, she gave me such shivers but I could not stop reading her parts. In fact, I even looked forward to reading about her because I just had to know what she was going to do next. Heja really kept me guessing - she's very clever, dangerous and she intrigued me so much. With Kathy, I really felt for her at the beginning - she is trusting and trying to do her best in life.

The novel quickly picks up pace and I was racing through the pages determined to find out what would happen next. I thought I had guessed some things, and that I was confident about the characters in my mind - but as I got further towards the end, my heart was pounding and I was left SHOCKED and surprised all at the same time.

Full of jealousy, secrets and surprises, The Lie Of You is a gripping novel with dark elements and unexpected turns that will pull you in from the first page and have you desperate to find out what happens.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]