Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on March 21, 2012
I found this book, witty and laugh-out-loud funny! It certainly gave an honest insight into the real life of a Flight Attendant. This book covers everything from the pre-conception that being a Flight Attendant is glamorous, to filling in laboriously long application forms, through to Interviews and Training.
As a member of the public I truly did not realise exactly how much training has to be done, and what small infringements can cause instant dismissal.
I was wide eyed at how many Flight Attendants can share just one room, and how little they seem to be paid for the work they do.
Having flown a handful of times the times I came in to contact with Flight Attendants everything went well. On one occasion a previous passenger had spilled coke all over the seat I was supposed to have and no other seats were available, so the Flight Attendant calmly and very apologetically laid blankets on the seat so that I had a dry seat and asked me on numerous occasions if I was okay and comfortable. It was the comfiest seat ever!
I did notice that the flight attendants are "on the go" from boarding to disembarking.
As its a public service industry there seems to be a lot of passengers that complain (I overheard on the flights I was on) I have myself worked in a retail store and no complains louder than a customer who feels wronged in some way. I can only grimace at how bad that feels when you are stuck with that complaining or just demanding passenger on a flight with no escape.
I throroughly enjoyed this insight into the life of a flight attendant!
The characters that are met on the plane. I loved the lady "with the gift" I won't say more you will have to read this great book to find out more. I also enjoyed hearing about the hierachy of the Pilots and Senior Attendants etc, it was really interesting. It is really well written as though Heather is actually talking directly to you. Its so easy to read, I hated when I had to put it down.
So did I enjoy it? Yes, lots. Would I recommend it? Yes! Would I read more by Heather Poole, or a bk2? Yes, and YES! But it now!
What's this?