on January 20, 2012
+Good display and many functions
+Easy enough to find the lap button in the pool
+Fully waterproof - can be used when submerged
+Lightweight and Low-profile

-The face seems to scratch easily
-Seems odd that the Light button is multi-function

I wanted to time my lengths accurately in order to try to motivate myself to improve my times. For £18, this seemed to be by far the lowest priced watch that could be used underwater. I've had it a few weeks now (using it 5 times a week in the pool), and it's already become invaluable. It's usually difficult to imagine paying the full RRP on a lot of watches sold on Amazon, but this feels like a real bargain. The Lap button is easy enough to find in the pool, and produces an audible beep to help confirm that it's been pressed. At the end of a session, you can choose to save or discard the times (oddly, due to there only being 4 buttons, the light button performs the Save function). The storage of 150 laps (segregated by session) can then be recalled, with a summary of fastest and slowest, and individual times (which can be displayed per lap or cumulatively). Along with these stop-watch functions, there's also a countdown timer and alarm. I've managed to figure out the bulk of the functions without the need for the manual.

I find that I occasionally catch the floating lane separators in the pool with my arm. Although the barriers aren't sharp, the plastic watch face has scratched both times I have done this. It's disappointing that it can scratch so easily. I haven't had any issues with the clasp (even though it does appear oddly insecure at first), and I wear it tight on my wrist when swimming.

I believe the latest model is easier to operate for laps when underwater, but with such a price difference, it would be difficult to justify the upgrade. This older model offers plenty.
What's this?