on 13 July 2013
I've never played any of the Bioshock Games. I've owned them and sold them without looking at them. I even have Bioshock 2 on my PS3 as a Playstation + free download. Not played.

However, Bioshock Infinite just appealed to me for some odd reason. Maybe as its set in 1912 and is very steam punk influenced or maybe just that I am bored with COD.

The nearest I have got to this type of game is the Uncharted games which I really like.

Anyway, I put this on last Tuesday (4 days ago) and finished it today (Saturday). It took over my life. I lost my wife, kids and dog to Bioshock Infinite......and I work full time.

So you guessed it, I loved it. It's just amazing. Everything about it is polished and you know every inch of the worlds you explore have been painstakingly worked on to get the detail right. It's got a real old world/new world atmosphere with almost constant music playing, but music that fits the time it's set in.

The graphics are as good as anything else out now but the story is very clever and deep, way deeper than anything I've played before.

The ending is a mind mashing trip and you realise why some of the stuff in the game was so odd.

The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is that two of the 'boss' fight scenes go on forever and are very tedious and generic.

Apart from that though, this is a brilliant game and well worth a purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink