on February 13, 2011
I have a commuting bike and have a bike rack for a bag on the back. This makes it impossible to get rear lights that attached to the seat stem as they will not fit.

Firstly this light fits excellently to the rear of the pannier/rack and was very easy to fit.

However a slight update to my original review. Although this light is great, it does have a tendency of "popping off" if you bump the back wheel up/down a kerb. To give you perspective I have a hybrid bike so cannot hammer up and down kerbs as the tyres are thin road tyres meaning I have to take my time - yet at least 2 out of 5 journeys result in the plastic cover of this light springing off and I just hear a clatter as it hits the ground.

I have had this light about 10 months and up until now I have managed to get off my bike and reattach the cover - it is robust and had not broken. Well - until tonight when the cover popped off again as I crossed a side road. Unfortunately in the time it took to get off my bike I turned to see a car turn into the street and run straight over ther cover totally destroying it.

So, if you do NOT go up/down kerbs or bumps this is perfect for you. However if your journey results in an even occasion kerb I would unfortunately avoid this item otherwise you will be replacing this item like I am going to have to do now.
11 comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?