TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 March 2014
Hayley Snow has had a rather rough time in the last few months. After moving down to Key West to move in with her new boyfriend, she found him in bed with another woman, Kristen. Now living with a friend on a houseboat, Hayley is hoping to land a job as a food critic for a new magazine run by…you guessed it, Kristen.

After a run in with her ex and Kristen at a restaurant, Hayley is surprised the next day when she finds the police on her houseboat. It seems Kristen was murdered and Hayley is the number one suspect. Now she has to land her dream job and stay out of jail so she’s not reviewing the cafeteria food. Can she do it?

I actually came to this book after reading the latest in the series, definitely backwards I know. Still, I enjoyed seeing how it all began. I found Hayley and her struggles very believable. In fact, I think I related to her a bit too much. The story was a bit slow at the beginning, but it picked up speed near the end and reached a wonderful and logical climax.

I’m glad I got hooked on this series even if it was backwards. I’ve already got the next in the series and am looking forward to reading it soon.

NOTE: I was sent this book by the author in hopes I would read and review it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink