on 19 April 2013
Fighting games generally bore the s*** out of me, I can never react quick enough, I can't pull off the trickiest combos and I become instantly frustrated at my complete ineptitude to win online in this type of game.

It is with complete surprise then that I have found one of my personal games of the year - Injustice: Gods Among Us.

If you are like me do not be put off by Injustice; this is an accessible fighter for newcomers and hardcore players.
With an impressive storyline (yes...a fighting game with a great storyline) and a great roster of characters ranging from Hawkgirl to Aquaman this game is an absolute dream for DC fans.

The gameplay is fast and exhilarating; pulling off a long combo and following up with your devastating finishing move is hugely satisfying. Injustice has an impressive roster as I already touched on; perhaps more impressive is the feel of each of the fighters, everyone feels unique and equally powerful. Sinestro and Green Lantern may be of the same mould, but feel well realised and distinctly powerful in their own ways.

How can the joker match Superman in a fist fight? These questions are answered in the storyline but I still can't quite take it seriously when I see Harley Quinn smash Doomsday through a building... This did kind of take me out of the experience but it is not by any means a deal breaker.

The character models are excellent, with exception of Wonder-woman who looks like she may be a cross dresser, but generally the look of the game is of a quality standard.
Another minor drawback is the fact there is one singular finishing move per fighter, this is by no means a major complaint but given there is no fatalities like in MK I feel they could have perhaps fitted in a couple per fighter.

I should also point out that the destructible items in the arenas are only useable to certain characters creating slight balance issues especially in online mode. Whilst Superman may throw a massive bat signal at the Flash doing massive damage, the Flash may simply kick himself off it in a springboard like attempt to dodge any oncoming attacks - I'm sure this can be overcome with practice but noobs will find this aspect fairly frustrating.

All in all Injustice: Gods Among Us is an expertly crafted love letter to fans of DC and the fighting genre in general.

9/10 - Epic
0Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details