on 9 December 2002
On holiday with nothing much to do, I picked up a copy of jingo and decided to give it a go. From the opening pages and the mention of curious squid (so called because as well as being squid, they are curious. That is to say, their curiosity is the curious thing about them.) I was hooked. Only 2 years later I have finished reading his entire back catalogue and am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
I even went as far as to base my critical evaluation essay for my English Higher on his books (I got as A, the marker must have been a fan as well). my subject was the thing that most attracted me to his writings in the first place, the parodies of our world that are rife throughout his writings. Although his world could obviously not exist, it is so close to our own in many ways that you often wonder. For those who have not read Pratchett, start at the beginning with 'Colour of Magic' and work your way through. I promise by the end of it you will look at the modern world in a totally different way. All the ridiculousness of our society will suddenly shine through and practically stand out like a firefly in a very dark cave.
You will wonder why you didn't see them before.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.