on 12 August 2016
TORN BETWEEN TWO LOVERS

One of the reasons I loved reading this book was the education I’d received regarding the Amish. I, like most people, never knew they were open to the things as those which the period of Rumspringa allows for before they’re of the age they must make the decision of whether or not to move away from the church/community or to stay and follow all the rules stipulated in the Ordnung.

In her heart Ruth Yoder knows she should she should remain and begin living the Amish life with Jacob Miller, unfortunately just before the clock strikes midnight, forcing her to make her decision, the English gentleman, Dr. John Williams, she met during her Runspringa decides to return with the intention of marrying her. Hearing about Jacob he gives Ruth the old ultimatum of it’s either me of him, demanding her answer in a week. If this wasn’t enough to cause confusion in her mind as to which proposal she should accept; fate steps in as Jacob gets hit by a car and with John saving his life adding to her confusion.

As soon as Dr. Williams gave Ruth his ultimatum I couldn’t help but recall Mary MacGregor singing her song from 1976, “Torn Between Two Lovers.”

There are times when a woman has to say what's on her mind
Even though she knows how much it's gonna hurt
Before I say another word let me tell you I love you
Let me hold you close and say these words as gently as I can

There's been another man that I've needed and I've loved
But that doesn't mean I love you less
And he knows you can't possess me and he knows he never will
There's just this empty place inside of me that only he can fill

Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving you both is breaking all the rules

Now we come to the BIG QUESTION, given all this, with whom does Ruth’s heart belong to: It is a life-long childhood friend or is it the doctor who saved his life?

If you were in Ruth’s shoes, who would you chose to have your HEA with? I know what she did and I feel she was correct in making her decision, but you’ll have to read this book to find out, a book which I’m giving 5 STARS to.

I read this book via a KINDLE Unlimited download - Amazon-US.
2 people found this helpful