on February 18, 2010
I absolutely adore the books, the film and the series. Thank you Mr McCall-Smith for showing a side to Africa that is gentle, full of good values and morals and refreshing to the spirit.

I was bitterly disappointed when the series was first being advertised as released last year and then the release date kept being put back and back. I am keeping everything crossed that it will now actually be released in March this year. I never missed an episode when it was being screened on the BBC - drove my kids mad about it as I kept forewarning them that I needed peace and quiet - and tea and fruit cake at the time it started - LOL!

I think the magic about Mma Ramotswe's stories is the very simplicity of the writing, gentleness of the characters and the scenery that just lifts me out of the hustle and bustle of fast-paced UK and floats me to Africa. I often watch the movie when I am feeling low - just for the feel-good factor of it all. I still cry at the ending of the movie - ok, only me??

I have all 10 books and can't wait for the others that are being so tantalisingly advertised on Amazon. They're all marked and in my basket ready to go!

Did you guys know that there is an actual book about Mma Ramotswe's cooking? Have a search for it on Amazon (Mma Ramotswe's Cookery Book). Am treating myself to it on my birthday :) All those mentions of beef and pumpkins - not forgetting the thick slices of fruit cake in the books just leave me reaching for the kettle. . . my bathroom scale is a liar . . . :))))

It's just easy-viewing - food for the soul :))
22 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?