on 7 October 2012
I am fairly new to stitching, having dabbled as a teenager but am now coming back to it. There are some wonderful projects here - the cushions I particularly like, and the simple greetings card decorations, and all the daisies. The explanations of how to do each stitch are clear and unfussy, and there are templates and charts to help you. I also love the way the instructions are set out a bit like a recipe, with a clear list of things you need for each project. It feels modern and yet you also get the sense that you are following in a long line of women who have been quietly creating and stitching for centuries - there is a lot in this book that made me think about heritage and tradition. Unlike other reviewers I haven't read Ms Brocket's other books but now I think I will. I think this book will keep me happy during the long winter nights ahead, whether I am actually doing one of the projects or just curled up on the sofa reading it.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.