on 22 May 2011
Incredible start to a series thats swarming with potential.

After buying an entire bookcase full of books I had the tough choice of picking one to start so when I heard that this book is a basic fantasy tale of good and evil but everyone has insect abilities, it was a no-brainer.

Im usually a slow reader but I flew through this. The pace and action sequences are brilliant and I often stopped suddenly to admire the way the words on the page made a film in my head. The only downside was the inconsistancy with character development. I found myself utterly engrossed in Thalric's inner turmoil, Achaeos' odd view of the world and sometimes Tynisa's relationship with her father but found the other characters to be boring and just being there to fill a void. I'm hoping the sequels involve more of the other main characters so I won't be to hasty to judge. There were a few times when I wondered why, what seemed to be a big issue, was covered briefly in a few lines.

Overall, the book is an outstanding opening that does have its slight hiccups but the good points more than make up for them. Definitely worth a read if your a fan of action packed books and films.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.