on 2 January 2008
I started by reading my kids my favourite childhood Enid Blyton book 'The Faraway Tree' - it was such a hit with them that I have been going through all the books I remember by her.
The Secret Island was one that I never read as a child so I have had as much fun as them reading it.
The best thing about her books is that one chapter a night is the perfect length to read out loud to your kids.
I have a 7 yr old boy and a 3 yr old girl and they both enjoy her books.
Don't think that a book like this is irrelevant to todays kids either - The Secret Island is about a group of kids surviving on an Island alone - what could be more relevant today than self sufficiency, recycling and eco - living?????
I reccomend this one - as well as The Faraway Tree series and Wishing Chair series - I guarantee you that Mummy and Daddy will be fighting over who's turn it is to read the next chapter!!!!
11 Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?