on 21 May 2013
I wasn't sure whether to give this book a five star review or a one star review.

Five stars because it is an entertaining and engrossing read. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. And yes, it is inspirational in a way that many other books that claim to be fail to be. As the sub-title says, it really is the story of "common man" (yes, that's you and me) to Ironman.

Which leads me to thinking it should be one star. Just four days after buying the book this runner-only has spent two grand on a racing bike and is checking out swimming lessons. I can only say if you don't want to be caught up in a sudden fervour to start training twenty to thirty hours a week in order to spend a day with other mentally deranged people physically exerting yourself to within a whisker of death's door then leave this book well alone.
16 people found this helpful