TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 June 2007
Although I was not a fan of Morcheeba, a close friend recommended me this album and so I decided to give it a go. Having now had it for only a day, I am very glad I did listen.

Skye has a great voice; very soulful and one that has a great rannge. As a debut album, MIND HOW YOU GO is outstanding. There are not true fillers on this release - something that happens rarely in this day and age.

"Love Show" is a brilliant opening track. The lyrics are really clever, about looking to the future in love and life.

"Calling" is perhaps my favourite song on the album. The music and the lyrics are lovely - it reminds me of someone I am close to at the moment, although circumstance seems not on our side. If only they could hear this song too and decide to put the fear aside! The song is about being in love with someone who is scared of being hurt and vulnerable, and so they are resisiting their feelings. I'm sure many people can relate to that.

"All the Promises" is another great song. Quite sad, but it again rings very true. Skye has done another brilliant job at writing the lyrics. It is quite a bitter song, about a relationship having gone wrong and the sense of betrayal that often sits alongside this.

"Powerful" is just the right song to have after this rather sad, bitter edge. It is a more uplifting song, even though it also deals with the end of a relationship. Here, rather than stay in a relationship that isn't working, she sings about having the strength to let go. Shows you that there is life, and another love, after one affair has ended. A great song.

All in all, this is a brilliant release from Skye. I guess I am quite surprised that she hasn't had more attention, because of having been in Morcheeba. but, their lose is our gain. I hope she continues with her solo career. This woman has heaps of talent!
What's this?