on 23 March 2006
Normally I dont go for boxing games. They almost always turn into total 'button bashing' affair. Borndom then normally sets in soon after.
Then I tried Fight Night round 3 on Xbox 360.
For the first hour I was blown away by the graphics. The boxers look stunning! In fairness I dont know many boxers but I immediately could tell who was who. Now I would not say the boxers are photo real but it comes very close indeed.
After a few hours of play something else happened!
I found myself naturally picking my punches and intuitively working my way through each fight. Button bashing quickly lead to defeat!
After a couple of days I was really able to mix things up throwing all manner of combos. Again this all happened naturally and without the need for memorizing. I just knew my way round the ring.
The whole thing is easy to play but seems to take more time to master. As any beat em up fan knows this is key to any good fight game.
Now if you dont like beat em ups nor boxing you will not enjoy this game. It unlikly to change your mind if you have already decided you dont like this kind of game. So dont buy it and dont rate it.
Otherwise I can totally recommend this game to you. At last EA sports has done a game on the Xbox that doesnt seem lazy!
This perhaps one of the best boxing games ever, or at least a contender for the crown.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.