TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 November 2013
I admit, I only looked into "Paranorman" as I absolutely loved Coraline (Blu-ray 3D) [2009] [Region Free] with its the crafty and wonderful stop-motion animation (and which I thoroughly recommend!). I was not disappointed, the film is very well done, the stop-motion animation is indeed a work of art, the scrip is clever and thoughtful and, this being a "scary" film, there are some truly, truly scary sequences in this wonderful production.

I watched this film with a 9-year old on a Halloween night and this proved to be an excellent choice - the kid was scared! Truly scared, but also entertained, we both laughed (he laughed much more, I have to admit), but the film proved to be enjoyable and thought-provoking, with an array of weird and wonderful characters and a few twists in a story. Seriously, not often I come across films for children that are so enjoyed by children but also are entertaining for adults.

The message is also a good one, most of all "Paranorman" teaches children (and young adults) about open-mindedness and acceptance and how to be tolerable to one another. This film has countless topics that I, as an adult, thought were very well-addressed, such as personal relationships, family and friends, and courage and keeping one's promises. PLUS, the voice-overs were excellent! Four and a half to five stars.

Oh, how I wish I saw this in 3D!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.