TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 October 2012
My 9 year old daughter just finished The Golden Acorn. It has been there on her kindle for quite a few months, as she prefers animal stories, and she thought it was a ''boys book''. But she surprised me tonight by asking me to buy another ''Jack Brenin'' book. I asked her why, and she said it was wonderful and she liked it very much and it is magical.
When I asked her to write a review she said she did not want to but I was to say it is a five stars. Jack is ace.
So, here I am, dutifully rating it 5 stars and I have also just bought her Glasruhen Gate: The Adventures of Jack Brenin, Book 2 as she requested.
I hope she will enjoy it as much as she did the first one.
I shall read them both myself later on and add my impressions to this review.
I originally bought The Golden Acorn on the strength of all good reviews and I felt safe not to read it first. I am not disappointed. Thank you to all people who reviewed it before me.
9 people found this helpful