on December 31, 2010
It would be very hard for me to top the many brilliant and detailed reviews already listed for this product and so therefore I shan't even try, however, there a couple things I would like to add about my Kindle experience having tested it on the road.

Having taking my Kindle 3G on the road with me for a month in the Himalayas this December, I can confirm that the Kindle survived minus 10 degree celsius conditions without problem (page turning was only ever so slightly slower at freezing temperatures), likewise being transported in my massive backpack (with suitable cover of course). The battery life is also what it claims to be. Having turned my WIFI/3G function off and reading on it 1-3 hours every day, it indeed lasted over 3 weeks without charge, which was helpful given I had no opportunities to recharge it whilst trekking. The 3G function did not work in Nepal, however, this was not a problem given that WIFI is offered for free in many establishments in the main cities (restaurants, hotels etc). Therefore I had ample opportunity to buy more books, in fact Xmas day was spent shopping on my Kindle!

As most other Kindle owners, I am absolutely blown away with the product. It has changed the way I read, in fact, it has increased my reading incredibly since purchasing it in October. I have now read more books in the last 3 months than I have in the last 3 years. Given that I spend much time travelling, it is a God-send.

For those who think you could never part with printed books, I can assure you I thought so too at first but was quickly converted and I have never looked back. I don't need all the other fancy i-products on the market, I just want my Kindle, it has re-awakened my love for reading.
What's this?