3 September 2012
I am thoroughly enjoying using this machine. It runs smoothly and seems to be quite robust. It is electronic with an excellent range of both practical and decorative stitches. It is easy to thread and to wind the bobbin. Thirteen sewing feet are provided (including a walking foot for difficult fabrics) and these are easy to attach and are neatly stored in the machine. The LCD display panel is clear and easy to understand. The instuction manual is excellent. This is not an embroidery machine but the decorative stitches can be combined to give some very attractive results. I like the way that I can enlarge and mirror the stitches. The three alphabets are useful with a maximum size of 7mm. There are 4 memories to store 20 units each so I can store a name and call it up for use as needed. I contacted Silver Vicount to ask where I could buy some additional bobbins (4 were provided initially). They were very helpful and sold me some which arrived in the post within 48 hours.
I bought my previous machine 40 years ago. It is running well but patterns are achieved by changing cams. I find it so simple to press a couple of buttons on the Silver 9500E to change patterns.
66 people found this helpful