on 5 July 2012
I've been humming and harring over getting spd pedals for a while as I've heard scare stories of people falling off their bikes whilst using them and also I just didn't know how I would get on with them. I've had toe clips for ages and have always thought they were ok.
Recently I finally took the plunge and bought these Shimano M520 SPD pedals. I just wished I had bought these years ago, they are fantastic. They have improved my cycling times dramatically and best of all they are a doddle to release from. I had a bit of a practice engaging and releasing from the pedals in my back garden whilst stationary leaning against a wall. Then I had a quick ride around the block and practiced whist on the move and doing a few emergency stops. I then did my 15 mile cyle ride to work that night and I had no problems at all. I was amazed at how much quicker my ride now was compared to using my old toe clips. As I've said before I just wished I had taken the plunge sooner.
I actually ordered these from Tweeks cycles on Ebay for just under £20 brand new and delivered, which also included the cleats. I thought this an excellent price as the cleats alone go for around £12 on Amazon and various other websites.
I also got Muddy Fox cycling shoes from Sportsdirect.com for £20 so for £40 all in I got very cheap entry into the world of SPD pedals.
11 Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details