on 6 April 2014
I used a Tassimo T40 for a year or two before the novelty wore off and I realised I could make much nicer, cheaper coffee with an Aeropress. Therefore my Tassimo stopped getting used and went to the cupboard for quite some time. When our kettle broke recently I started looking at the "one cup" / variable hot water dispensers (to avoid boiling water unnecessarily), only to decide they are rather expensive too. Finding this disc seemed like a great solution and the Tassimo is now back in the kitchen, making hot water for my Aeropress. The downsides are:
- it is made from thin plastic and feels like it won't last very long at all. I don't intend swapping it out of the machine at all - but I wouldn't recommend doing so far anyone else. I suspect it can't take it.
- it leaves a plastic taste in the water. After about 15 uses, this is just about starting to fade.
- if you want boiling water, this won't help. My Tassimo just doesn't do water that hot. This disc aims for 90 degrees but in reality it may be between 75 and 80 on the first use from cold. The next cup will be hotter. So don't rely on this for consistent water temperature and I definitely do not think you can make a REAL cup of GOOD tea with a Tassimo… tea needs boiling water.
|11 Comment|Report abuse| Permalink