on 16 April 2009
I have this on video (from many years ago). I bought the DVD so that I had a copy that would last and could therefore dispense with the video. However, I was EXTREMELY disappointed to note that the footage from Tanglewood is not on the DVD (despite it being on the video). It has been replaced by sub-standard footage, in my opinion.

Otherwise, it has all the same footage as the original video, some of which is excellent.

I haven't watched the Rockpalast gig, as I can't bear The Who with Kenney Jones on drums. After the genius of Moon, it seemed somehow wrong to get such a steady and, let's face it, boring drummer to fill the enormous gap left by Moon's untimely departure. I'm only just starting to be able to watch footage of The Who live now that they have Zak Starkey on drums. It's as if some of the spirit of Keith Moon lives on in him, which is rather nice, considering that Keith taught Zak drumming techniques when he was young.

All in all, I suppose I'm just annoyed that the Tanglewood footage was not included in this DVD. Otherwise, it's just fine and if you haven't seen the video version with the Tanglewood footage on it, it won't make any difference to you.

It certainly shouldn't be enough to dissuade people to buy it.
16 people found this helpful