20 of 22 people found the following review helpful
'Fair' rather than 'Fantastic',
This review is from: Silva Trail Map Case (Sports)
OK, so I've yet to try this map case out in anger, so I can't vouch for its durability or waterproofness.
On first observation, I would echo the comments of previous reviewers:-
* Quality is 'fair' rather than 'fantastic'... only time will tell!
* The description is a little inaccurate/ambigiuous... take it with a pinch of salt!
* The line "It is designed to show two sides of an Ordnance Survey map"... does not mean the case is clear on both sides (at least not in my case!).
* When placed on a surface, the 'bottom' panel is solid, and the 'top' panel is clear.
* The 'bottom' panel colour of the case I received was dark grey (rather than the light grey pictured).
* It would probably make more sense for the case to be clear on both sides... if that's what you need, this is not the case for you.
* The case will hold 4 panels of an OS 1:25,000 Explorer map without having to trim the cover... it's a snug fit though.
* It's quite fiddly inserting the map (and that's indoors on a warm day)... I can see it proving tricky repositiioning a map outdoors in wind!
* The lanyard is indeed a little short.
* Mine also arrived in an unecessarily huge box.
Also, I must have been having a dizzy moment, but it also took me a while to work out exactly which parts of the velcro strips were supposed to stick together.
I eventually read the description again and worked out that you roll the end of the cover back over itself... kinda obvious afterwards, but not at the time!
In summary, this case is OK for the price, but if you are likely to experience extreme conditions, you might want to go for something a little more durable.