Colour: Black|Style: for iPad mini|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
[The title I intended to type ▶ "INITIAL EXCITEMENT AS IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING - SHAME THERE ARE COMPROMISES"]

I have this Logitech keyboard for the full size ipad so the bar was set very high. From past experience, I know that Logitech make excellent keyboards, so what could go wrong?

Upon unpacking, it is clear that the build quality is excellent. It looks fantastic and complements the iPad Mini aesthetically. It works really well as a stand, and if you choose to use it as a cover, it automatically turns the screen on and off (using the magic of the magnets).

When I type using a physical keyboard, I don't look at the keys. I learnt to touch-type from an early age. I rely on 'muscle memory'.

When I started typing on this, for the first time, I became annoyed:

💔 Some keys are "missing", some keys in the "wrong" place - understand that it's compromised. (Whenever I mean to type 'the', I always type 'yhe'. 😡) Super frustrating! (Sadly, the autocorrect appears to be turned off; I really wish Logitech hadn't done this - it would have helped so much!)

Get used to no longer having a [dedicated] key for:

❌ CAPS LOCK - because the 'A' key has taken its place [You can press Function + A to invoke it]
❌ TAB key (it's shaved off because the keyboard is so narrow) [you have to press Function + Q]. Whereas I hardly ever use CAPS LOCK, I use TAB all the time. 😞

👎 i don't like that the built in autocorrecy and autocaps has been turned off. It's a little painful. (hence yhe state of this review!!) I should also add that I am a yerrible speller and i really rely on the msgic of the software to fix my goofs.

If you dont touch type, but hunt & peck with two fingers, i yhink you will *love* yhis. For you, this is definitely a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ product. i am jusy used yo not looking at the keys as i type. (I know I'm fairly unusual in that respect)

i hate to say it - the onscreen keyboard may be better. 😕
⛔ My initial reaction is to say that I don't recommend this keyboard.

HERE'S WHAT IS BRILLIANT ABOUT THE DEVICE:
======================================

✅ As a stand, it is excellent!
✅ It has a switch for on/off (i.e. it is binary). So it won't accidentally turn itself on whilst it's in your bag. (Compare and contrast to the Apple wireless keyboard, which has a featherlight touch button on the side, which looks cool but can be so annoying!)
✅ High quality key switches - mechanical (not just plastic membrane)

BOTTOM LINE
===========

I really admire Logitech's effort, but this keyboard is frustrating. Other than the layout, the design and engineering is amazing.
55 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details