on 20 October 2011
I had high expectations for this book having seen all the reviews, but I was pretty bored by the time I'd got halfway through it.

There's no doubting that Obree had a torrid childhood and you can't help but feel truly sad for him as he recounts the bullying he had to endure, but as the book goes on the writing lets it down, big parts are only touched upon and some missed out completely, brushed aside with a simple 'I can't remember why' or suchlike.

All the way through its a case of 'I felt good, I then fell into depression, I then came out of it, I then fell into it, then I was ok, then.....'. It got to the stage where it was fairly obvious what was coming next. As a keen cyclist I was hoping that the training would be touched upon in more depth as well as some of the races, but it wasn't. Yes, it's a tale of one man's constant battle with depression, but it was all so repetitive that I found myself racing through the last quarter of the book just wanting it to come to an end.

Very disappointing.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.