VINE VOICEon 4 August 2010
After having worked for some years as product owner for scrum teams I decided it was time to complement the few short scrum trainings I had had with a good book on scrum. I found Mike Cohen's book a very good overview of different aspects of scrum. Note that this is not an introductory book, but rather a book for someone who already knows the basics about scrum and wants to get more detailed knowledge.

My personal take home lessons from the book:
* I really need to focus more on empowering the team to own the problems and must try to resist my occasional urge to solve issues for the team
* Now I have a pretty good idea how to scale up the development effort, something that will be topical for me pretty soon
* I have a much better understanding of different development techniques a truly agile team should use so be aware in the next sprint retrospective - I will ask some tough questions ;)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink