on 5 June 2008
I bought this book with no reservations and I have not been disappointed! I have previously bought Vegan With A Vengeance and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World and knew that this would be as good as these are.

I have used it about once a week since I bought it (because I'm lazy and like to cook only at the weekends and freeze meals for the following week) and everthing I have made, I have enjoyed thoroughly. Even my omni boyfrind, who is the fussiest eater I have ever met, loved the anise cookins and the ice cream. I have even had requests from people at work for recipes!

I long ago got used to the idea of using cups instead of weighing scales to the point now that I prefer to use them. I would recommend if you are going to buy this book to go out and purchase some measuring cups because they are exact measurements. My only other problem is that you can't but vital wheat gluten in Britain unless purchased on the internet so I can't try the chickpea cutlets that everyone seems to rave about.

But the book as a whole is thoroughly enjoyable to read as well as to cook from and it always feels as though there is a friend in the kitchen with you. The recipes are fairly mixed, with some quick and easy ones, to the downright decadant! Even a beginner would not have problems with it.

I highly recommend it to anyone.
0Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?