on 4 March 2003
Ive listened to Melanie's album and I would highly recommend it. Im not sure if it is better that Northern Star but it comes very close. I found that 9 of the 12 excellent tracks were good but im sure the others will grow on me. My favourites include "Reason", "Positively Somewhere" and "On the Horizon". Below is a song by song review:
1) Here it comes again - The debut single, A good comeback single, probably one of the stronger tracks on the album. Brilliant lyrics, excellent vocals, superb tune. (8/10)
2) Reason - This is one of my favourite. Definetely one of Mel's best tracks she has done. It takes a couple of listens to like this song I found. The piano is brilliant also. The most sophistacated track. (9/10)
3) Lose myself in you - This wasnt the kind of song I thought Melanie would put on her album its rather poppy, but I think its a great track. (8/10)
4) On the Horizon - Melanie's forthcoming single apparantely to be released in June. The beginning reminds me of a Ronan Keating song. It has a great catchy chorus and lyrics and I think will do well as her next single. Also one of my favourites. (9/10)
5) Positively Somewhere - My favourite track on the album. Its got that rocky catch to it and I think this will be a definte single. I think this is actually the best song she has ever recorded. (10/10)
6) Melt - Another of my favourite tracks. It starts of a bit slow but once it begins its a great mid tempo track. Melanies really shows her vocal talent in this song. (10/10)
7) Do I - Ok just, not one of the best songs but still has a good chorus and melody. (6.5/10)
8) Soul Boy - No harm but this song is rubbish, i dont know how this made the album. I think its ruins a good album. It has nothing that makes you want to listen on. (3/10)
9) Water - Nice tune. Easy listening. Like the chorus. The ending verse is brilliant Mel really shows off her voice in this part. (7/10)
10) Home - Dont know if I like this song or not. I think this is a song that will grow on you. Def not one of the better songs. (5.5/10)
11) Lets Love - Rock track. It takes a couple of listens of this song to like it I found. The Chorus is catchy. (7/10)
12) Yeah Yeah Yeah - This track reminded me of "Go" a little from Northern Star. It starts of well and has a great bass in it. A great way to end the album with one of the best songs. The best way to listen to this song is full blast. (9/10)
Overall a great 2nd album and hopefully there is more to come from Mel.
What's this?