on 4 August 2012
It has to be the most horrible, most depressing piece of literature that I have ever read, its characters are utterly despicable, I have no empathy for anyone in this book, their all selfish and uncaring, violent and unapologetically brutish, and the story itself is quite confusing at times, specially if you put the book down for a day or two then pick it up later, I am often left feeling rather cold and barren after reading it, and I am having real trouble finishing the book, and I am still not even halfway through it yet.

I guess after reading Jane Eyre I had very high expectations of Wuthering Heights, thinking it would be in the same vain but it isn't, and I can see why it received such appalling reviews upon its release because its so dark and depressing, even though Jane Eyre's story was far from a bed of roses, I could identify with its characters, and Miss Eyre's upbeat, fighting spirit won me over instantly, but Catherine Earnshaw, Heathcliff, Hindley and co are just horrible people who deserve everything they get.

I wished I had begun to read Jane Austens Emma after Jane Eyre, I am familiar with that story at least, before i picked up WH I knew very little about that one so it came as a bit of a shock when I began to read it, and now regret even opening the damn book, its ghastly!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.