on 21 March 2014
I do wish people would not indulge their desire to talk about the music on an album that has been out for decades; same goes for movies. We are knee-deep in info regarding content; what we don't get is enough information regarding the quality of the release; if we did I could have saved myself some money and disappointment.
The sound quality of this Pure Audio Blu-ray is truly abysmal; the vinyl sounds better; the MP3 sounds better. Apart from being a musician, I have been actively involved in hi-fi and audio all my life, so I know what good means; Pure Audio is supposed to be exemplary; this release of Songs in... is appalling, nothing short of…
I also bought Selling England... and it is superb, so you can't say it is subjective or dependent on the system (£20,000 worth) because it is not.
They have transferred from a vinyl EQ-d master; where do these people come from? Is it any wonder we don't have a record industry anymore?
16 people found this helpful