on 29 April 2013
The Snazaroo face paints are perfect, I've used them before as I volunteer doing craft and so on and often do face painting at events/parties so I'm familiar with the brand and the art and finally decided to get my own kit together. The item arrived quickly and without any fuss it was well worth the price especially for the handy container.

The paints go on easily and wash off easy too though stays when you want it to, I have sensitive skin but these paints do not dry or irritate my skin at all no matter how long I have it on. The only point I'd make it that if you wasnt an even white base I would reccomend the Snazaroo Clown Makeup not the regular paints, even coverage is doable with these paints but it required patience.

The container is perfect as well, its like a little toolbox and the clasps and handle are sturdy enough to comfortably hold all my items. The basic colours are great and I had already purchased 12 other colours/paints and they all fit neatly into the box including sponges, booklet, brushes and glitter.

I personally prefer glitter dust and a glitter adhesive to the goo that comes with this back, though it does work perfectly well I'm just a bit of a perfectionist. Only two sponges come with the kit, I've cut one up into thirds and the other is intact so I can use it for large covers, obviously more are necessary to get the most out of face painting especially if you're like me and are working with a minimum of 18 different colours so I added makeup sponges/blenders to my collection which work just as well as the snazaroo sponges though the sponges in the kit have one very nice feature that they never seem to absorb too much water unlike others.

The brushes are of great quality and absorb the paint well for use but also clean without diffculty, I do wish they had a better selection of sizes and the other snazaroo brushes cost quite a bit but I've simply added my own brushes to the collection, my rule is don't do to someone's face what you wouldn't do to youre own, if you have doubs about a brush to use then dont use it. If you'd like to be extra safe the Snazaro ones do work well (i use them when volunteering) but generally make up brushes will do the trick just as well too.

The booklet...well...i'm not throwing it out. The booklet has many designs which anyone can do really and I think thats why it doesn't quite click with me. Its full of designs that don't require artistic talent and therefore are not that creative but show several ideas. For example, the booklet contains a design for a tiger and it has the basic staples, white at the temples, cheeks and chin, yellow and orange, the shape of the cat nose and lips and some stripes but I'f you look at a real tiger or even face paint examples on the internet you'll see just how basic and underdeveloped the design is. I'm keeping the booklet more for inspiration, I'll look to their version of a pirate and think 'now what can I do to build onto that design' and I'll work into it with better facial hair and markings etc.

Anyway, perfect little product, I love what I can do with it, the paints last for a long time and they give great results each time, I'd reccommend to anyone who enjoys face painting or want to give it a go, because really no amount of equipment or booklets is going to make you a good face painter if you don't practice. My only problem would be that for those thinking this is all you need to become a prfessional face painter it is miles off. It tells you nothing on 'how to become a face painter' the booklet is like a picture book not a guide, for example I know many peoplewho have been face painting and don't know about insurance or how to register with FACE etc so if you are looking to become a face painter in your career look on the internet on just how to do that.
0Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details