on 13 March 2014
I cannot remember how I cam across this book - probably looking for a Kindle read and it was free for a day - but I found it very helpful even though, like others here, I don't own a golf course! I do play a couple of days a week though and am a member of a club. And boy should our club be taking lots of these messages and throughts and putting into action to increase the membership; social activity and general reputation of the club. Easy steps - just needs buy- in and action.
I also agree that this book is relevant to any industry or business looking to become a "social" organization. Engage people - of all ages - without having to pressure sell.

This book provides a strategic and tactical roadmap for you to think about and discuss at your own club - and from there to think about what you can\ cannot do now - and so create a "social" golf course business.
So maybe the next monthly meeting (or quarterly) of the golf committee will be less about Bill's handicap cut of 1; or the extra £3 in the competitions pot - and more about how have we engaged with our existing members and potential new ones and paying customers.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse| Permalink