on 28 February 2011
I can't believe the positive reviews of this game. I mean each to their own (and I know there aren't many racers on the Wii...) But Wheelspin really is terrible. The vehicles in the game handle like they are on an ice rink - covered in furniture polish. Wheelspin-out it should have been called. The sense of speed is very good, so I won't take that away from the game, but once up to speed the slightest bump in the road sends your car flying off the track and into space. It's nigh on impossible to complete a lap, let alone race, without wiping out. Putting the brakes on even sends you into a skid, which then makes you hit an obsticle, which then sends you off into the ether. The graphics are very basic to make up for the sense of speed and 8 splitscreen!!! Why would that ever be a good idea?! 8 player Mario Kart on one screen wouldn't work, so how they thought it would be a good idea for this dog of a racer.

I played this game for 2 hours hoping I'd get the hang of it, or that it would get better. I ended up getting stuck on a time trial that was impossible to complete. You don't have access to an arcade mode etc. for a quick run-about. It's a bunch of set challenges OR Multi-player. If a friend of mine invited me round to play this game, I would go around solely for the purpose of snapping the disk in two. Then leaving. Then deleting them from my phone. IT'S THAT BAD!!!

I recommend Ferrari Challenge, Mario Kart, or even the underrated Speed Racer for all your Wii-Racing needs.
What's this?