on 9 December 2013
Wasn't expecting much from this, and I've really liked it.

Pros:
* It works -- yes -- it's just like a tablet (except, of course, you can't multitouch, pinch, etc)
* It has HDMI video out which really works, and delivers better than bluray
* It has Optical Audio out -- which really does work well. I direct the optical audio straight into the soundbar
* It has 4 USB ports
* It takes a standard USB PC webcam -- giving you sound and video for Skype
* It takes any external HDD -- even TB ones
* It has DNLA to read from my computer
* It doesn't seem to crash. I just leave it on. I'm not sure if I've even turned it off in 2 months.
* BBC iPlayer, NetFlix, TuneIn Radio, di.fm -- all work great
* It's totally silent.
* It's played any movie file format I've thrown at it so far.

Downsides:
* Like other reviewers, wifi seemed lacklustre. Didn't affect me as I plugged in an RJ45
* NetFlix progress bar seems to disappear as soon as it arrives. From forums, this seems to be a specific NetFlix and Justop Droibox issue. You get used to it, but it's not elegant.
* It's not multitouch (as you'd expect). Some apps which need pinch etc won't work. It's not an awesome gaming device when you're using a wireless mouse/keyboard.
* Some other apps claim to be incompatible -- none that I can remember that mattered to me, but I remember wondering why
* it looks ugly: but that's OK -- it's so stable, you don't ever need to touch it or look at it -- the remote sensor is even on a wire so that you can have that sticking out if you needed to.

I highly recommend this simple box as very flexible replacement for just about every other video box you might have cluttering up your TV space.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?