VINE VOICEon 28 April 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone who has just quit the 9 to 5 for the life of a freelance at what is probably a terrible time, I need all of the inspiration I can get. And this is what Pratt's admirable little book does. I've read a lot of blah blah business books, and this one is much more sharp and to the point. Pratt doesn't try to weave together his disparate pieces of advice into some grand unifying (and unconvincing) theme, and he avoids the flannel. Instead, he delivers his 39 tips in a series of snappy, engaging short essays, grouped by general theme. The idea is to get through and exploit austerity.

Some of the tips I could have guessed (yes, it's a bad idea to waste during the good times, and even worse to do it when times are hard, I know that one). However, there is generally very convincing advice on marketing, managing time, hiring and firing, training and much else.

Now, I have no idea if this book is going to work for me - I'm only just getting started. However, this is the most waffle-free, direct business book I've read, and I'm convinced it will help. I keep going back to it, and I feel better when I do. Very highly recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink