on 30 October 2012
I've been a Fable fan from the beginning, the first being my favourite. In my eyes, the Fable franchise is such a unique and enjoyable game because there are so many different aspects within the game; developing your character's skills, appearances, weapons, etc. around how YOU want them to be; there are so many side quests and places to explore which means you are not limited to one main storyline; even though you are not limited, the storyline is still gripping and emotional; there are many different character interactions you can do, for example showing rude gestures to townsfolk or even kicking chickens; etc. I could spend such a long time detailing the Fable franchise, however Fable: The Journey should NOT be part of it. I have only played it for a few hours and I'm bored already. You are not able to explore the areas; you are limited to only following the main storyline; you cannot interact with anything in the same way you could in the other games; the character upgrades are limited; etc. All I have really done within this game is control my horse and carriage, throw a few spells and watch a lot of cutscenes. I won't give up on it yet, but I definitely won't be getting my hopes up. I suppose, as a stand-alone game, it would be worth a play.

Overall, I am thoroughly disappointed with this game so far and I'm unhappy with the decision Lionhead/Microsoft have made about making this game so different and uninteractive in comparison to the others within the franchise. Here's to hoping the next (if there will be) game will have the same gameplay as the older games!
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?