on 17 February 2013
I ordered this soap recently after being blown away by the quality of Edwin Jagger gear. I had high expectations of it being a great product, and so many reviews I've read on shaving forums and sites say how amazing the scent is from the Sandalwood fragrance.... What fragrance?? I'm not even getting the slightest whiff of Sandalwood or anything else for that matter! Disappointment 1

I purchased this soap refill for use in the Edwin Jagger shaving bowl but the refills are too small and rattle around inside the bowl when you use a brush to lather up, not a biggie I know but these two items are supposed to be designed for use with one another Disappointment 2

Despite living in a very hard water area I found I could get a pretty good lather from this, it's quite creamy but notice it doesn't lubricate as well as other soaps I've used and I get a degree of drag as I shave. Also i have quite sensitive skin and despite being natural and paraben free I found shortly after shaving with this I get a slight stinging which is calmed with some paraben free aftershave balm but this indicates this soap is not for me and obviously something in the soap doesn't agree with my skin. (in fairness I probably should have gone for the aloe vera soap instead)

The worst thing about this product is that I've not been able to leave a great review for it, this saddens me somewhat as I love Edwin Jagger products but this soap is not for me and it is with great sadness I'll be trying a different soap in the future, will continue to use it up if my skin will take it and see how I go but I've given it several days and see no change so far.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?