on June 1, 2009
The nightworld series is a great series. I remember getting the first book free with a magazine! Awesome read. That was nearly 11 yrs ago! From book 1 i was hooked, buying the rest as they were released. Then, tragedy the last book never was released! I understand that due to family issues that it was hard to write the following book, and the web site, while updated regually with tales from the series didn't help with when we could expect the next book. The short stories on the web site are set after the events of strange fate! but since no-one has read the 10th book none of us know what happened! Imagine my excitment when i was told 3 yrs ago that it would be released in sept 06, then my utter dissappointment when it didn't get released! I have waited a long time to read the book and now we are told next yr! I truely hope so.
And for those of us now in our 20's (in my case late 20's) i have interesting news for fans, L J Smith is rumored to be re-writing the whole series for adults! so that we may enjoy the original stories with a more in depth and adult veiw of the nightworld! I sincerly hope this to be true and think if this were to come about, the series may well rate with the likes of Laurell k Hamiltons Anita Blake series and other well known vampire lit authors.
Let us prey that this last release date will pass and we get to read the last book we have all eagarly awaited.
22 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?