on 23 January 2013
Although I've already made a complaint to Amazon about their courier service, I certainly can't complain about the lovely laptop that was delivered. I had researched the Acer V5 touch online and seen a product demo in John Lewis, and I decided that the features included for the price (£469) made it a good deal. I've also purchased the Windows 8 for Dummies book so I know where I'm at with the new system.
The touch screen takes some getting used to when you're used to Windows 7 point and click, but I find it a good innovation, as it keeps my hands and wrists mobile and stops me getting stuck in one position, as with a touchpad. I like the backlit keyboard and auto-correction option, also as this is a replacement for an HP G70, it's a lot lighter and easier on my knees, and the crystal clear screen gives my eyes a rest - the brightness is easily adjusted from the swipe-in side menu.
As Windows 8 is a lot different to W7, I can't really comment on the OS until I've learned to use it properly!
I would certainly recommend this model to anyone looking to step up to touch-screen tech though.
Acer Aspire V5-571P 15.6-inch Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit)
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.