on 30 September 2007
I'm not a fan of modern/contemporary British comedy and didn't like Pegg et al. I caught Shaun of the Dead by mistake and thoroughly enjoyed it so I thought I'd check out Hot Fuzz (the poster alone made my day every morning!).

I wasn't disappointed. The plot is outlined in other reviews and the only thing I'd add is that the second half of the film is better and funnier with some fantastic one-liners and plenty of over-the-top action. Rural people will probably enjoy it more than city bods (being a bit of both I'm sorry to say I saw a bit of myself in some characters!!). Pegg is absolutely brilliant and I wanted to hug him after the film ended!

To summarise, it's funny, it's stupid, it's ludicrous and it's childish and it's one of the best films I've seen this year!
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?