on 13 September 2012
I am an unashamed Nigella fan; my desert island cookery book would be "How To Eat"! However, I was sceptical about whether this book would inspire. I love Italian cookery but did I really need a new Italian cookery book? The answer is a resounding yes.
Let's get straight to the food. I love the simplicity of Yellow Spaghetti, beautifully golden due to saffron, marsala and cream. Prawn Pasta Rosa uses Rosato Vermouth to provide a delicate pink blush and sweetness - yes, we will all be buying it this weekend! I am bowled over by the thought of broccoli with lemon and parmesan. Why did I never think of that?!
I have made Iced Berries with White Chocolate sauce before (a Mark Hix recipe) but Nigella has speeded up the sauce-making and added several splashes of limoncello - brilliant! The Italian Christmas Pudding Cake looks very impressive and I know that Tuscan Fries will disappear very quickly in my house. And Liquorice Pudding? Not for me but friends are buying the Italian liquorice pellets, even as I write...
As always, Nigella's passion for cooking and eating is infectious and her recipe notes are like a chat with a friend. There are recipes for confident and less experienced cooks. The food photography is simple but elegant.
I am off to make a batch of Aniseed Shortbread and a Yoghurt Pot Cake; what better to accompany a strong Italian expresso. This book is a complete pleasure...
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.