on 17 June 2010
I bought this laptop couple of days ago. Not from Amazon unfortunately as thy have cancelled the order saying they have run out of the. Luckly I got it even cheaper so Amazon has lost a client for it.
Anyway lets concentrate on laptop itself.

Straight from the box it looks so good. It¡¦s actually much darker than on the picture - more like dark red wine colour. To be honest looks much better than on the picture.

I haven¡¦t checked how it works on 1GB of RAM as I had fitted 2GB before I turned it on for the first time knowing that 1GB won¡¦t be enough. I am right as it¡¦s working fairly ok on 2Gb but not spectacularly fast (I have high spec desktop with 4GB DDR3 RAM so I am a bit spoiled haha) but fast enough to satisfy and to run many applications the same time. I have checked with 5 and 7 running the same time (there was a limitation on Win7 up to 3 apps running the same time but not anymore) and all worked fine.

And I will answer question I have seen before regarding Win7 starter. No, you cannot change the background in this version of Win. But¡K you can download several apps to help you doing it. º I do not care about Win Media Centre which is not installed as it is a netbook not a desktop so it serves different purposes.

You are able to get online without starting Win and I have seen in many reviews that it is useless as Win 7 boots very quickly. People! This is not made to make it quicker! This is made to make it safer when you are sitting in coffee shop and using unsecured WiFi network. You can browse and email with confidence. Nobody can get to your stuff on a computer if you are not using windows. Simply as that. Very good idea. I love it.

Screen looks very good. Nicely visible from different angles. Resolution is high and quality of picture for netbook is more than I have expected.

Keyboard. I have found different opinions regarding this keyboard but I must admit that even if that is not the nicest looking keyboard it is extremely good for typing as spaces between letters help you not to make many typing mistakes. Big plus.

I have just briefly checked the webcam. It¡¦s ok, not fantastic one but if you are picky please get yourself Logitech Pro 9000 and you will be happy ;)

And I have left the most important for the end. Battery life. Samsung N220 is one of the best at the moment. I have bought this model mostly because of long battery life. I have tested and managed to achieve 7hours 55mins while on WiFi and watching lots of youtube and stunning 10hours 20mins while off net. Great result.

Trust all of these will help.
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?