on 2 August 2009
The Giza Power Plant left me in awe, as the thought of non-linear development excites me, especially when we are dealing with something so long ago and on such a grand and precise scale that often surpasses our current levels (and I'm sure the research I have read so far is only the tip of the iceberg). It also leaves me in fear, as I have always thought that our society is going to destroy itself... and the fact that this advanced society who seemingly knew so much was wiped out and left such little trace, whether due to self-destruction or a cataclysmic event, leaves me with no doubt that the same will happen to us. (I hope to become a professional pessimist when I'm older!)

Dunn's writing style is straight-forward, and makes it very easy to understand the points he is making - and I hope that more evidence is discovered (and as soon as possible!) that further proves this theory.

I would find it very hard to believe that anyone who read this book would not be fully persuaded by the theory... I think Dunn is right in saying that it took someone with some engineering experience to think of some of the ideas he has come up with, but to understand and believe them takes merely common sense and a pre-GCSE level of design/engineering knowledge.

I think that this book is incredibly mind-opening, and that anyone who reads even just the first few chapters, interested in advanced machining or ancient Egypt or not, will benefit greatly. I plan on recommending this book to anyone with an open-minded inclination, and plan on passing my copy around to as many of my friends as I can...
22 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?