on 29 May 2013
I bought this to fix to the side of my hot tub to hold my ipad so I could watch tv in the garden. When it arrived it seemed very sturdy and I was really pleased. But after only a couple of uses, the clamp snapped away from the gooseneck arm!!

My ipad dropped straight into the water (still don't know if it is ruined yet as turned off to dry out). When I examined it I saw that the gooseneck is only connected to the clamp by a small line of welding (imagine fixing a pencil upright to the top of a polo mint) rather than having a fixing bolt through the hole in the clamp to give it stability. Unfortunately none of this weakness can be seen as there is a cover fixed over the connection. Given the weight of this stand and the fact that it is designed to be adjustable, it seems a very bad design fault. So be warned ....
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?