on 4 July 2006
When I first got this book I did, as usual, read it as quickly as humanly possible because I couldn't wait to see what happens. As usual, though, Ms Robb makes you slow down and breathe in the air of this New York city that she's created: from the stench of the soy dogs from the glide carts in the streets, to the smell of death, through to the clean air of the home that Roarke and Eve share.

I love all of the J D Robb books, so I can't say that I'm not unbiased. But, I will say that this book is a fantastic reward to all of the fans out there who have been following these masterpieces.

I think that the book will be good on its own but, knowing the characters as well as I do by now, this book is cherishable. J D allows the new readers to join in but, to the long-term fans, the little in-jokes and the shorthand makes it a little bit more special.

The faith and belief in this world and its characters that's been created by Ms Robb for our reading pleasure is amazing. As usual, it's the little, everyday things that make you a true believer in how the world's going to look in 55 years or so!

With this book, you also now get to delve into Eve's past - and see how she comes through it again.

This is a fantastic series, with strong but different female characters that show, time and again, that we can find the strength from within to overcome. We may have setbacks, and we may stumble, but we can always dust ourselves down and get back up again.

Although, it would be easier if I had Rourke by MY side!

P.S. HUGH JACKMAN FOR ROURKE!
10 people found this helpful