on 9 March 2009
This is the 3rd "No-Cry" book by Elizabeth Pantley that I have read, and like the other two, I have gotten a lot of useful information out of it. I've read many books on baby and toddler sleeping , but I think this one explains the importance of naptime the very best, including the biological and behavioral benefits. It also explains the science of napping and the sleep cycles in detail, which is very important to understand.

The book offers numerous suggestions for a very wide range of nap issues that parents might face with their children. It gives great advice for a lot of very specific problems (such as babies who only nap by falling asleep while nursing) that many of the other sleep books just do not address. I now feel armed with a lot of tools and ideas that I can try the next time my daughter (or next child) has a napping problem. I really wish this book had been available when my daughter was a newborn - it would have really helped me a lot back then.

The book is written in Elizabeth Pantley's customary style: kind, gentle, patient and supportive. Her "No-Cry" approach has always resonated with me, and I think any parent with young children will find this book extremely useful and helpful.
0Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?